Website terms and conditions (general)
Content and Subscriber Submissions
- The contents of the Website are intended for your personal non-commercial use. All materials published on this Website (including, but not limited to articles, features, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips, also known as the “Content”) are protected by copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights and are owned or controlled by Nottingham City Council, or the party credited as the provider of the Content. You shall abide by all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any Content accessed through this Website.
- This Website and its Contents are protected by copyright pursuant to English and international copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as provided in Section 1.3 of these Terms and Conditions), create new works from, distribute, perform, display or in any way exploit, any of the Content of this Website (including software) in whole or in part.
- You may however download or copy the Content and other downloadable items displayed on the Website subject to the following conditions:
- The material may only be used for your personal non-commercial purposes. Copying or storing of any Content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Nottingham City Councilor the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the Contents;
- All copies must maintain copyright and other intellectual property notices contained in the original material;
- The products, technologies or processes illustrated or described in this Website may be the subject of other intellectual property rights reserved by Nottingham City Council or by other third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights; and
- Images, trademarks and brands displayed on this Website are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the written permission of their respective owner(s).
- The intellectual property rights of the Media Player are as follows:
- Nottingham City Council owns all intellectual property and you agree not to copy, disclose, provide or otherwise make available for unauthorised use the content.
- Any files you download from the Media Player is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download or use of any such data.
- Nottingham City council does not represent or warrant that the Media Player or the server(s) that make it available will be uninterrupted, timely, secure and free from bugs, viruses and errors.
- Under no circumstances will Nottingham City Council or its service providers be liable to you or any third party for any of the following losses or damage, whether such losses or damage were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise: (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of reputation or goodwill; or (f) any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from your access and use of the Media Player. You agree that this exclusion of liability is a fair allocation of risk. Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit either party’s liability for the tort of deceit, death or personal injury caused by negligence.
- You are solely responsible for adequate protection and backup of your data and equipment used with the Media Player, and Nottingham City Council will not be liable for any damages that you may incur by downloading content.
Access and Availability of Service and Links
This Website contains links to other related World Wide Web Internet sites, resources and sponsors of this Website. Since Nottingham City Council is not responsible for the availability of these outside resources, or their contents, you should direct any concerns regarding any external link to the site administrator or Webmaster of such site.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
Nottingham City Council may from time to time change, alter, adapt, add or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions but if it does so it will post any such changes on this Website.
Changes to Website
Nottingham City Council may also change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Website, including the availability of any features, information, database or content or restrict your access to parts or all of the Web Site without notice or liability.
This publication is provided “as is” without any warranty (either express or implied) or implied term of any kind, including but not limited to any implied warranties or implied terms of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. All such implied terms and warranties are hereby excluded.
Liability for Losses
By accessing this Web Site you agree that Nottingham City Council will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of the information and material contained in this Web Site or from your access of other material on the internet via web links from this Website.
No Offer to Sell
Nothing in this Website shall constitute an offer to sell any securities and must not be relied upon in relation to any investment dealings.
The exclusions and limitations contained in these Terms and Conditions apply only to the extent permitted by law.